This is a great way of doing salmon. The flavours are incredible and this meal is a great, light and healthy and very quick meal to do for mid week dinners.
4 medium to large salmon portions, skinned
30ml (2 tbsp) honey
125ml (½ cup) soya sauce
10ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
15ml (1 tbsp) Ponzu *
Juice of 1 lime
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 garlic clove, grated
7cm fresh ginger, grated
A selection of fresh microgreens
200g mange tout, julienned
2 spring onions, sliced
3 Mediterranean cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
30ml (2 tbsp) white sesame seeds
30ml (2 tbsp) black sesame seeds
2 or 3 limes, cut into wedges
- Cut the salmon into bite-size chunks.
– Place all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Place the salmon chunks in the marinade, coat the fish, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
– Remove the salmon from the fridge and thread the chunks onto bamboo skewers.
– Heat a griddle pan over medium high heat and sear the salmon for 1 – 2 minutes on each side; don’t overcook it.
– To serve, place the greens, rocket, mange tout, spring onions and cucumber on a large serving platter. Top with salmon skewers, sprinkle the salmon with sesame seeds and serve with fresh lime wedges.
* you can buy ponzu sauce at a Chinese supermarket.
Recipe from the Food and Home Magazine.