Tandoori Chicken Pittas with a yoghurt and mint dressing recipe
I love tandoori flavour! This is a great one for DVD nights or chilled family nights. Easy and tasty! Just plan ahead because the longer it marinates the better!
- 6 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp tandoori or Tikka Masala curry paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste or chipped fresh ginger
- Small bunch of fresh mint, freshly chopped
- 5 tbsp plain low-fat bio yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cucumber, peeled and grated
- 12 large pitta breads
- 150g mixed lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the chicken pieces and lemon juice and mix well. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, half the chopped mint, 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt and season well. Leave for at least 3–4 hours, but overnight is even better.
- In another bowl, add the remaining yoghurt and mint and the grated cucumber, season well, and mix together thoroughly.
- Grill the chicken in the oven or wrapped in foil on the braai for about 15 minutes, or until the meat is cooked.
- Open up the pitta breads like pockets,(tip – if you pop then in the microwave for a minute they are much easier to open) then fill the bottoms with the mixed leaves and a few cubes of the chicken and top with a good dollop of the yoghurt dressing. Serve.Makes 24 Pitta halves