Saw this one in the Taste Mag. a recipe by Michelle Theron 🙂
Amarula and chocolate? YES PLEASE!
180g treacle sugar
180g caramel sugar
6 free range eggs
1 C fresh cream
360g Dark Chocolate (70%)
460g unsalted butter
4 T Amarula liqueur
200g digestive biscuits
1 T cocoa powder
Fresh gooseberries for serving
– Preheat the oven to 160 C. Beat the sugars and eggs until airy. Slowly add the cream.
– Melt the chocolate and 360g butter in heat proof bowl over a gently boiling pot of water. Once melted, add to the egg mixture and stir in the Amarula.
– Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and pulse to form a powder. Melt the remaining butter and pour onto the biscuit powder, mix and press into the base of a 20cm springform cake tin.
– Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and press down again.
– Pour over the chocolate mixture and bake for 40 minutes – it will look raw but take it out!
– Chill overnight and serve dusted with cocoa and the gooseberries.
Serves 8 – 10