This is the dish that won my husband’s heart. A big favourite of his! He does a happy dance every time he knows that it’s on the menu 🙂
6 chicken breasts (cubed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tub of pesto
Linguini pasta or Farfalle pasta, whatever you prefer
1 packet of pitted black olives (cut in half)
Half a tub of feta cheese (herb)
About 10 – 15 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 tablespoon Garlic
1 tbsp Balsamic reduction
10 – 15 Fresh basil leaves
Fresh parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper
- This meal is definitely best done in an electric wok with a lid.
- Pre heat your oven to 200 C
- Put the water on to boil and add the pasta when boiling
- Toss the halved cherry tomatoes in some olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and cut up basil leaves and balsamic reduction and place in an ovenproof dish. Spread them out well so they roast nicely. Place in heated oven for about 10 minutes or until just turning slightly black on the edges. Remove from oven and set aside
- Fry the chicken in some olive oil with some garlic and a touch of pesto on a high heat until browned and cooked through – but don’t overcook! Turn off the heat completely. Drain any excess juice if any. Leave a teeny bit though, just for moisture
- Break the feta into bite size pieces onto the chicken. Throw the olives into the wok with the chicken and feta and add some whole fresh basil leave (just to look pretty) and then place the roasted cherry tomatoes on top with some slices of fresh parmesan. Put the lid on and leave it. (all this is done with the wok OFF)
- Once the pasta is cooked, add a touch of olive oil, the remaining pesto and some salt and pepper and mix until the pesto has been worked through the pasta.
- When you are about to serve it,. Turn the wok on for a few seconds, just to bring the heat through and then turn it off and serve.