- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- ½ cup (75g) cashews
- 2 x 350g rump steaks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 large red chillies, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 200g sugar snap peas or mange tout, trimmed
- ¼ cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
– Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat.
– Add the cashews and cook for 1 minute or until toasted. Remove the cashews from the wok.
– Heat the remaining oil and cook the beef, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until browned.
– Add garlic, chilli and spring onion and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the cashews, sugar snap peas, hoisin and stock and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until sugar snap peas are tender.
– Serve with steamed jasmine rice or noodles.