This is one of my favourite mid week meals. I just LOVE the vibrance of the green and the mint in the peas work so well to liven up an otherwise dull veggie! This was in the PnP Fresh Living Mag a while ago and I’ve made it a few times.
8 – 12 small lamb chops
Salt and milled pepper
1 Tbsp (15ml) each ground coriander and cumin
1 packet (1kg) frozen peas
Large knob butter
1/4 cup (60 ml) mint leaves tightly packed
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 30mls)
1 small packet baby spinach
1 packet salad onions (or spring onions) chopped
White Balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing
100g creamy danish feta
– Preheat grill, season chops with salt and pepper and spices.
– Place on a baking tray and grill, turning once until cooked to your liking.
– Blanch peas in boiling water and drain
– Add butter and mint and blitz with a stick blender until roughly pureed. Stir through lemon juice and season.
– Toss baby spinach and salad onions with a glug each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
– Crumble feta, serve chops with salad and ‘mash’