Grilled lettuce? Yes! Its actually really delicious. This recipe is quick and light and healthy. I also love the colours! 🙂 Enjoy xx
8 pieces (about 1kg) chicken pieces – thighs and drumsticks (skin on)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1Tbsp Soya sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
2 Cos lettuce heads
For the tomato vinaigrette
200g baby rosa tomatoes (halved)
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic – crushed
2 spring onions – chopped
1/4 C Chopped up flat leaf parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– Moisten the chicken with the oil and season.
– Arrange in a single row on a tin foil-lined grill pan
– Slide under a hot grill, not too close, and grill for 5 – 10 minutes a side or until nicely browned and tender
– Mix together the soya sauce and honey and brush over the chicken. Wrap in tin foil and set aside.
– Rinse and dry the lettuce. Split in half lengthwise, season and oil lightly. Grill for a few minutes, until wilted and starting to crisp and catch on the edges
– Place the chicken, plus the juices, and lettuce on a platter. Spoon over the tomato vinaigrette.