This has got to be one of my favourite desserts. Its just homey and comforting! An easy recipe that you can’t go wrong with! It’s a must to serve it with some lovely vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! xx
3 Tbsp Butter
1 C Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 pinch salt
1 Tin pie apples (or you can boil fresh apple wedges in a tiny amount of water with a cinnamon stick until tender, drain and cool)
For the Syrup
1 Tin Ideal Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
– Preheat your oven to 180 C
– Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and then add the beaten eggs and vanilla.
– Sift into that mixture the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
– Place in a greased oven proof dish. Press the apples into the mixture.
– Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Bring to the boil the ideal milk and the sugar and turn the heat off. Make sure all the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture cool a little bit.
– Take the cake out of the oven. Prick all over with a fork and then pour the syrup over the top. You can sprinkle with a few chopped up, roasted walnuts if you like to give it a bit of crunch!