This is a Jamie Oliver recipe. The flavours together are so unique and delicious. I LOVE this dish! Just make sure that you create a nice cavity for the stuffing and that you tie it up well. (with cooking string). Otherwise the filling goes everywhere. And if you cant get the tying right, its ok… just spoon the filling over the pork when its done. Still tastes awesome!
1 500g pork fillet
2 tsp Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 cup finely cut mushrooms
1 red bell pepper finely diced
1 small red onion finely chopped
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
4 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp dried sage (or about 6 fresh leaves finely chopped)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup Honey
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
– Preheat oven to 200C
– In frying pan, heat oil and saute mushrooms, pepper and onions until tender, add sage, salt and pepper and mix.
– Put that mixture in a bowl and add dijon mustard and breadcrumbs.
– Cut the fillet almost in half lengthwise, add the mixture inside and roll the fillet closed.
NB** String the fillet to make sure it is well closed and put in a roasting pan.
-In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together and put aside
– Put the stuffed fillet in the oven for 10 minutes and then take it out.
– Add the Honey mixture onto the pork, lower the oven to 180C and put in for about 30minutes.