Another Donna Hay winner. Really great to serve on a weeknight as it’s super quick and easy. Please don’t be put off by the horseradish. Mixed with the mayo it actually calms down the harshness and adds the most amazing element to this dish. Its different to what you would usually serve as a side sauce. Its really good! try it! you won’t regret it! 🙂
1 Tbsp thyme leaves (fresh)
2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley leaves (no stalks)
1 1/4 (85g) fresh breadcrumbs * (from Ciabatta or sourdough is best)
Sea salt and crackled black pepper
4 x 180g pork steaks
1 Tbsp hot English mustard
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
300g green beans, blanched
Lemon Wedges, to serve
1/2 Cup whole egg mayonnaise
1/4 Cup (70g) store-bought horseradish cream
– To make the horseradish mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise and horseradish cream in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
– Place the thyme, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
– Brush the pork with the mustard and press into the thyme mixture.
– Heat 1 cm oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pork and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
– Serve with the beans, lemon wedges and horseradish mayonnaise.
* to make fresh breadcrumbs, use any fresh or stale bread that you have. Place torn pieces in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form.