A great way to do roast potatoes. This method cuts out the need to parboil potatoes first and gives you even more extra crispy bits! They look awesome on the plate!
1 and a half tsp Salt
4 medium potatoes suitable for roasting
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
– Half fill a large bowl with water and 1 and a half tsp salt.
– Rest a potato on a chopping board and make deep slits with a knife, 0.5cm apart and two-thirds of the way through the potato.
– Place in the salty water which helps open up the slices.
– Repeat with the remaining potatoes and make sure all the potatoes are covered with water and leave to soak for 1 hour or overnight.
– Preheat oven to 190 C. Put oil in a large nonstick roasting tin and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
– Meanwhile, drain the potatoes and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Carefully add the potatoes to the roasting tin and coat in the oil.
– Arrange cut-side up and season with sea salt and freshly milled pepper.
– Roast for between 1 and 1 1/4 hours or until golden, basting after about 30 minutes.
– Transfer to a warm serving plate.
Recipe from the Ideas Mag