You just have to love the simplicity of this one and yet, it looks and tastes incredible!
125g butter, melted
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 2/3 cups (270g) icing sugar, sifted
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 egg whites
Dark chocolate glaze
150g dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup cream
– Preheat oven to 180C.
– Place butter, coconut, sugar, flour, baking powder and egg whites in a bowl and whisk to combine.
– Divide mixture into well-greased 12 hole muffin tin.
– Bake for 15 mins or until cooked in centre when tested with a skewer.
– Stand cakes for two minutes in tin then remove from tin and cool on wire rack.
– For the dark chocolate glaze bring the cream to the boil in a small sauce pan. Remove from the heat and mix in chocolate until smooth.
– Let the mixture cool slightly so that it thickens to an icing consistency.
– Spoon over cakes and serve.
Recipe by Donna Hay