I’m trying to get as many salads in as I possibly can with autumn most definitely being here. I saw this one in the Food and Home magazine and instantly started drooling! Such a great combination! 🙂
For the dressing:
5ml (1tsp) Dijon Mustard
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) green chilli, chopped
15ml (1tbsp) honey
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
15ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the salad
6 pieces streaky bacon
Honey for brushing
6 x 1cm thick slices pineapple
1 avocado, sliced
125ml (1/2 cup) croutons
2 – 3 cups baby spinach leaves and watercress
– For the dressing, whisk the mustard, chilli, honey and lemon juice together.
– Drizzle in the oil while whisking and season to taste
– Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Place the bacon on the lined tray and cook it in the oven for 10 minutes
– Remove the tray, brush each strip with a little honey and return to the oven for 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the bacon to make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove from the oven, cool completely and cut the bacon into bite size pieces.
– Heat a griddle pan until hot and grill the pineapple slices on both sides until slightly charred. Allow to cool and cut them in half.
– Combine the bacon, pineapple, avocado, croutons and mixed leaves in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
* You could add pine nuts or sunflower seeds for extra crunch