Sometimes you need to switch up dessert a little bit and give people something different, something to remember you by 🙂 This dessert is so decadent and different and it will have you licking your fingers and battling to share. And….its easy!
8 – 10 ripe figs
60ml (1/4 cup) honey
2.5 mls (1/2 tsp) each of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and allspice. All mixed together.
2 -3 camembert rounds
– Preheat oven to 180 C
– Slice a cross on the tops of the figs and push them down a bit and place them on a baking tray lined with tinfoil.
– Add the walnuts to the baking tray, drizzle with honey and add the spice mixture, sprinkled all over the figs and walnuts.
– Bake until the figs become slightly sticky, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
– Place the Camembert rounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until they start to soften. about 5 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and serve immediately, topped with figs and sticky walnuts.
Recipe from the Food and Home Magazine.