This is quite an exciting way of getting some good greens into your systems! It livens up your beans and broccoli so much and the spicy dressing gives it a fantastic flavour!
For the Salad
250g very fine green beans
250g broccoli tender stems (spears)
1 cos lettuce
2 Avocados, sliced
30ml (2 tbs) freshly chopped mint
For the dressing
4 – 5 mild pepperdews
15 mlo (1 tbsp) sweet chili sauce
80 ml (1/2 cup) sweet mayonnaise
80 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
15 ml (1tbsp) poppy seeds
30ml (2tbsp) lemon juice
Coarse salt and pepper
– Blanch the beans for 5 minutes and then submerge in ice water (to stop the cooking process)
– Blanch the broccoli for 2 – 3 minutes and submerge in ice water after cooking.
– Break up the cos lettuce, place on a platter. cut up beans and broccoli and place on top of the lettuce.
– To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
– Drizzle the dressing over just before serving as the vegetables absorb the flavours. Decorate with avo slices and chopped mint.
Recipe by Sharon Glass