A lovely vegetable ‘hummus’ thats divine as an easy and healthy snack or even as a light, meat-free meal!
1 large butternut, halved and seeded
Salt and milled pepper
1 Tbsp (15ml) Tahini (sesame paste)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp (5ml) each ground coriander and cumin
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
1 tsp (5ml) chopped flat leaf (italian) parsley
1 disk (50g) feta cheese, crumbled
– Preheat your oven to 180 C
– Place butternut in an ovenproof dish, brush with oil and season. Cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Leave to cool and scoop out flesh.
– Blitz butternut, tahini, garlic, coriander, cumin and lemon juice until smooth.
– Stir through parsley, seasoning and feta.
– Drizzle with olive oil and serve with toasted pita breads.
Recipe from Fresh Living Magazine