I love how quick and easy pasta can be! This recipe makes 2 large portions, so you can double or triple if making for more.
300g dried egg tagliatelle
6 slices proscuitto
100ml white wine
4 egg yolks
50g parmesan cheese, grated
50g pecorino cheese, freshly grated
Freshly ground black pepper
– Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, as per the package instructions
– Meanwhile, tear the proscuitto into strips and fry in the butter until crispy. Add the wine and cook for a minute to form a sauce.
-Mix the grated parmesan and the grated pecorino cheese together and then divide the amount in half.
– Mix the 4 egg yolks with half the cheese, add a dash of black pepper and set aside.
– Mix the cooked, drained pasta (reserve a little bit of the water) into the sauce.
– Remove the pan from the stove and stir the egg mixture through. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs. If you want to thin the sauce out a bit you can add a touch of that pasta water that you saved.
– Dish onto plates and divide the rest of the cheese between the portions and serve immediately.
– If you like you can add another egg yolk at the end, but thats up to you and your taste. I don’t do it 🙂