There is nothing like the smell of home made peanut butter cookies filling your home! It just equates to BIG love in my mind and in my childhood memories!
125mls (1/2 cup) butter (at room temperature)
250 mls (1 cup) light brown sugar
125mls (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
5 ml vanilla essence
1 and 1/4 cups cake flour
5 ml baking powder
2.5ml bicarbonate of soda
50ml white sugar
– Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a baking tray
– Cream the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until creamy. Add the egg and essence and mix well.
– Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb in a separate bowl and then mix into the creamed mixture.
– Roll the dough into balls and toss them in the white sugar.
– Place them on a baking tray and flatten slightly with your fingers or a fork.
– Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until golden.