Years ago I bought a cookbook that was written by two dietitians. I have used a few of their recipes often over the years as they are healthy and tasty and very easy to make. This is one of them. Its gorgeous with some roast veggies and rice if you want to do something healthy and quick for a mid week meal! 🙂
5 mls (1 tsp) mild wholegrain mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
5ml dried basil
5ml dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
15ml soy sauce
4 – 6 skinless chicken breasts
125ml fat-free plain yoghurt
Freshly ground black pepper
Zest of 1 lemon
– Preheat your oven to 200 C
– Mix together the mustard, lemon juice, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and say sauce.
– Baste the chicken well with this basting sauce, then bake in an ovenproof dish for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
– Mix the cornflour and yoghurt together well.
– Remove the chicken from the oven, pour over the yoghurt, season with black pepper to taste and the lemon zest.
– Bake for a further 7 minutes.
Serves 4 – 6
Recipe from the “The Ultimate Diet Solution Cookbook”