Let’s face it, chicken can get boring and needs a little bit of help sometimes. This is a great recipe as you get fantastic flavour as well as some great crunchy texture. The kids will love this one! You could experiment with doing Chicken nuggets too (just cut the breasts up into blocks and cook for less time (about 20 minutes).
4- 6 Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in half, lengthways
125ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
45 mls (3 Tbsp) honey
1 clove garlic, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper
60mls plain yoghurt
250mls (1 cup) dried breadcrumbs
250mls (1 cup) crushed cornflakes
30mls grated parmesan cheese
Garnish with lemon wedges
– Combine the lemon juice, honey, garlic and black pepper in a glass bowl
– Add the chicken and make sure that its coated well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
– Remove the chicken from the marinade, drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
– Brush each piece with yoghurt and season with salt.
– Combine breadcrumbs, cornflakes and cheese in a bowl; coat each chicken breast in this mixture.
– Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the crumbed chicken breasts on the paper.
– Bake at 180 C for about 35 minutes or until tender. Turn after 15 minutes.
Serve hot with salad and roast potatoes.