I love the way you can spruce up chicken with some gorgeous texture and flavours. The chicken part of this recipe is from the Fresh living Mag, but the stir fry veggies are my quick and easy stir fry veggies. You can add some chopped chilli if you want some heat!
1.5kg Chicken thighs (skin and bone still attached)
1/4 Cup (60ml) soy sauce
2 Tbsp (30ml) oyster sauce
Salt and milled pepper
Stir fry veggies:
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 2cm piece fresh ginger (grated)
1 carrot – sliced lengthways
3 baby marrows – sliced lengthways
1 baby cabbage, sliced thinly
1 baby leek, sliced thinly
1 red pepper, sliced julienne
A handful of cashew nuts
a glug of soy sauce
– Preheat your oven to 200 C
– Toss chicken in a little oil
– Heat a pan until hot and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides
– Whisk together soy and oyster sauces
– Place chicken onto a foil-lined baking tray, coat with soy sauce mixture and season.
– Roast for 15 minutes until chicken is sticky and caramelised
– Fry garlic and ginger in some olive oil and add the vegetables, cashew nuts and soy sauce and stir fry until cooked to your liking.
Serve with steamed basmati rice or noodles.