Ribs are one of those things that are just decadent and make you feel like you are on holiday! Well thats how I feel when I eat them. You can lighten up the meal by serving it with a gorgeous side salad or you can serve it with some onion rings and crunchy chips! 🙂 This recipe has a bit of a teriyaki vibe going on… .one of my new found favourite flavours! yummm!!!
2 kg Short rib
1 x 6cm piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 red chillies, chopped (take the seeds out for milder heat)
250mls (1 cup) soya sauce
6 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Star anise
250mls (1 cup) apple juice
125mls (1/2 cup) water
– Preheat your oven to 160 c
– Brown the short rib in a little oil over medium heat to get a bit of colour and transfer to a baking tray
– Add all the other ingredients to the baking tray
– Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 3 hours, turning once half way through
– Take the ribs out of the sauce and place all the sauce into a frying pan and reduce the sauce on a medium heat for about 20 minutes until sticky.
– Toss in the ribs to coat them with the sticky glaze and serve.
Recipe & photo from the Woolies Taste Mag