Ok, this one is for those of you who wish that you could just eat a whole bowl of that incredible icing that you get on top of red velvet cupcakes! These cookies are divine. Its pretty much cream cheese icing plus some flour and baked. I have made these twice. The first time was when my son went to boarding school and as a paranoid mother I wanted to make sure that he had a few treats to see him through the week. So I made whole batch of these for him. I think he ate about 2 if he was lucky. The matrics raided the dorms and found the cookies and well, lets just put it this way, they now put in orders!! 🙂
I found this recipe on another blog and I have been wanting to take my own picture every time I bake them, but they disappear before I can get my camera out! so I will have to borrow this pic from the author of this recipe. Her blog is called the heartland. Check it out!
They are very soft inside and are just delicious and so easy to make!
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
85g Regular Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg (room temperature)
1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 Cups Flour
- Heat your oven to 190 C and line your cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Place butter and cream cheese in your mixer bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugar and baking powder.
- Add the egg and vanilla and ‘Beat Until Fluffy.’
- Beat in the flour. Chill for 30 minutes for drop/roll cookies, one hour for cut-out cookies.
- Scoop by rounded teaspoon full and dredge drop cookies (roll balled cookies) in superfine sugar.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.