This recipe was given to me by a friend. I tried it the same night and absolutely loved it! It’s light and full of wonderful flavour. The ricotta is also such a lovely touch and works so well with the chilli. It makes a great change to throwing some Feta onto a salad! Thanks Nikki for a great addition to the blog and my meal planning 🙂
2 Handfulls of rocket
1 handfull of fresh watercress
2 handfulls baby spinach
2 small oranges
1 block or 1 tub of Ricotta cheese
3 Spring onions, finely sliced
3 baby marrows, thinly sliced (lengthways)
6 – 8 baby rosa or cherry tomatoes
4 chicken breast fillets
1 Tbsp chicken spice or BBQ spice
Salt and pepper to season
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp dried origanum
1 tbsp Soya sauce
2 tsp Honey
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
A squirt of lemon juice
- Slice the chicken thinly into strips, season with chicken spice and salt and pepper and brown in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. Set aside to cool
- Line a baking tray with foil. Break the ricotta into crumbs onto the baking tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, dried origanum and chilli flakes.
- Grill in the oven until golden brown and then set aside to cool.
- Grill the marrow slices in a griddle pan with some olive oil. (You can serve it raw if you like)
- Prepare salad greens and other raw veg.
- Cut the skin off the oranges and then slice into segments.
- Arrange the rocket, watercress and spinach on a plate and top with the marrows, chicken, ricotta, tomatoes and orange slices.
For the dressing:
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together giving it a good whisk and then drizzle over the salad when you are ready to serve.
Recipe by Nikki Nilsson