I did a baking workshop for Moirs on the weekend and had to do this tart for them. I call it a cheesecake because it is a baked cheesecake in a tart dish! It’s absolutely amazing, especially if you like a coffee flavour. The texture is beautiful and the ricotta adds an interesting dimension. The trick with this one is that your ricotta MUST be soft. I bought a brand that was hard and it just didn’t work! I then tried it with the Woolworths Ricotta that you can buy in the tub and it worked beautifully! The coffee and chocolate crust is also pretty much to die for so don’t substitute the biscuits if you can help it cause they really do make this dish special!
1 packet Moir’s Coffee Dreams biscuits
30g butter or margarine, melted
20cm Hulamin pie dish
500g ricotta cheese
175g cream cheese
2 extra-large eggs
125g brown sugar
70ml freshly brewed espresso coffee
5ml Moir’s Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Crumble the biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- Spread evenly in a tart dish and along the sides.
- Beat together the ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, brown sugar and flour until smooth.
- Add the cooled espresso and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the crust.
- Bake until light brown, for about 40 minutes.
Photo and Recipe by Moirs