This is a great choice for a starter. It’s rich so you don’t need a lot, and the flavour is so yummy. You can make your own gnocchi or buy it, up to you! 🙂
500g butternut, peeled and cut into wedges
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
30ml (2Tbsp) honey
30ml (2Tbsp) Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
1 Cup (250ml) sourdough, breadcrumbs
30ml (2 Tbsp) butter, melted
60ml (1/4 C) Parmesan, freshly grated
250ml (1Cup) fresh cream
10 fresh sage leaves
1 x 500g packet gnocchi
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to serve
Fresh sage leaves to serve
– Preheat the oven to 180 C
– Place the butternut in an oven tray and sprinkle over the lemon juice, honey and oil. Season and bake until cooked and caramelized, about 30 mins. Set aside
– Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking tray, pour over the butter and season. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
– For the parmesan cream, heat the parmesan, cream and sage in a sauce pan over medium heat until the cheese has melted.
– Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water until the float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
– Toss the gnocchi with the butternut and Parmesan cream, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, season and serve garnished with the sage.