This is a super fast and easy way of doing fried rice. Goes so well with any kind of stir fry or dish with an asian twist.
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1 red chilli, finely chopped (keep seeds for extra heat, leave seeds out if you want a milder kick)
1 x 3 cm piece of fresh root ginger, chopped finely
4 or 5 spring onions, sliced
1 x broccoli head, trimmed so you just have the flowers
+- 2 cups sliced spring greens (can be substituted with chinese cabbage, normal cabbage or baby spinach)
2 eggs, whisked
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups cooked thai rice (jasmine or basmati works well)
A dash of fish sauce
– In a pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic, ginger, chilli for a minute.
– Add the broccoli flowers and the other greens
– Add a touch of water to steam the veggies (about 3 – 4 tbsps)
– Add the cooked rice.
– Make a well in the middle and add the eggs and the spring onions and a dash of fish sauce. Allow the egg mixture to scamble in the well and once cooked, incorporate it into the rice and veggies.
– Season and serve with sliced lime and spring onions.