I am LOVING blue cheese at the moment and am loving experimenting with different ways of using it. I came across this recipe and juggled it slightly and was super stoked with the outcome! All the beautiful flavours of blue cheese buddies with the soft comforting yumminess of the soft, scrumptious gnocchi.
- 4 – 5 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Package of dried gnocchi
- A pinch of salt
- 50g Walnuts
- 200g or a small pack of streaky bacon
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 50g Dried cranberries
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- A big bunch of fresh Rocket (Arugula)
- 80g Blue cheese of your choice
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the gnocchi straight from the packaging to the hot melted butter and saute until golden brown. (5 – 10 minutes)
- Add the walnuts and garlic to the pan with the gnocchi and cook for about 3 minutes
- Put the gnocchi and walnuts into a warm dish and return the pan with any juice to the stove and add the bacon, onions and cranberries and saute until the onions are soft. add the Gnocchi and walnuts and toss and leave to cool for a little bit.
- Add the rocket and toss together and crumble the blue cheese on top with a bit more rocket to garnish and serve immediately.